This policy sets out how we collect, process and hold your personal data if you visit our online shop or otherwise provide personal data to us. “We” are Worcestershire Federation of Young Farmers' Clubs of Shires Farm, Hawford Worcester GB WR3 7SG.
This policy affects your legal rights and obligations so please read it carefully. If you have any questions, please contact us at the address above, email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively phone 01905 621616.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. When you contact us by email or post, we may keep a record of the correspondence and we may also record any telephone call we have with you.
In the case of event tickets, we may also ask you to provide personal information relating to other individuals if you purchase a ticket on their behalf. You agree that you have notified any other person whose personal data that you provide to us of this privacy notice and, where necessary, obtained their consent so that we can lawfully process their personal data in accordance with this policy.
We collect attendee details to ensure the safety of all attendees at our events as well as help us meet our safeguarding requirements for those aged under the age of 18. This also enables us to contact a ticket holder, should there be an issue surrounding their attendance either prior to, during of following an event. By providing this information you imply that the ticket holder consents to us using that personal information to contact them for a specific purpose relating to an event.
If you opt in to receive marketing communications from us you consent to the processing of your data to send you such communications, which may include newsletters, blog posts, surveys and information about new events. We retain a record of your consent. It is necessary for our legitimate interests to use your personal data to send you marketing communications, which may include newsletters, blog posts, surveys and information about new events.
You can choose to no longer receive marketing communications by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: Worcestershire Federation of Young Farmers' Clubs, WFYFC,Shires Farm,Hawford Worcester GB WR3 7SG or clicking unsubscribe from a marketing email. If you do unsubscribe to marketing communications, it may take up to 5 business days for your new preferences to take effect. We shall therefore retain your personal data in our records for marketing purposes until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
Worcestershire Federation of Young Farmers' Clubs
WFYFC,Shires Farm,Hawford Worcester GB WR3 7SG
SECTION 3 – WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law for example, as part of anti-money laundering processes or protect a third party's rights, property, or safety. We may also disclose your personal information if you violate our Terms of Service.
We may share your personal data with any service providers, sub-contractors and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, including payment providers, event ticketing providers, email communication providers, IT service providers, accountants, auditors and lawyers.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
We use SagePay Form to complete card payments, you will be redirected to SagePay Payment pages to complete your order. More information can be found at http://www.sagepay.co.uk/policies/security-policy .
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting external sites and such sites are not governed by this policy.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Where we have given, or you have chosen a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
SECTION 7 – COOKIES
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred (through your browser) from a website to the hard drive of your computer. The cookie identifies your browser but will not let a website know any personal data about you, such as your name and/or address. These files are then used by websites to identify when users revisit that website.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION 10 - Your legal rights
- You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request correction of the personal data we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend, delete or action any other legal right relating to personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at
Worcestershire Federation of Young Farmers' Clubs
[Re: Online Sales]
WFYFC,Shires Farm,Hawford Worcester GB WR3 7SG
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.